WORMS YUMMY !


TSVANGIRAYI MUKWAZHI/AP



MOPANE WORMS (actually caterpillar of the emperor moth) are a delicacy all over southern Africa. They hatch after the summer rains, and then everyone runs to the bush to get their share.  Around that time of year I always know when the hatching has begun, because no one comes to
 work ! 
The poor are especially happy for this free food as it has 3 times the protein of beef.

The Mopanes I tasted had been spiced with chili and were not bad at all. The only problem I had was getting past the look of them.  In the future I plan to close my eyes first.
See more in this great article: http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/eats/zimbabwe-favorite-snack-mopane-worms-article-
1.1247669

AND NOW FOR THE WINNER OF THE DRAWING:  Lisa    http://carefreejewelrybylisa.blogspot.com/

Thank you everyone for your comments, and by the way, I am working on an Etsy site. Best wishes to all
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

LisaS said...

Wow! Thank you soooooo much. I can't wait to see it ;)